Students in the Master of Athletic Training program from Gannon University will learn to apply a wide variety of specific knowledge, skills and abilities in evidence-based practice, prevention and health promotion, clinical examination and diagnosis, acute care of injury and illness, therapeutic interventions, psychosocial strategies and referral, healthcare administration, and professional development and responsibility.
The Master of Athletic Training Program features a comprehensive curriculum that has been designed to integrate both formal classroom instruction and hands on, clinical education. The curriculum also prepares students to sit for the Board of Certification (BOC) exam. The MAT program at Gannon University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
What Makes Us Different
- Program features a didactic educational curriculum that combines classroom coursework, simulation experiences and hands-on practical clinical experiences
- Collaborate and experience an exciting clinical education including interactions with student-athletes from Gannon’s athletic teams
- Students enjoy state-of-the-art labs and facilities on the Gannon campus
- Undergraduate students can complete the MAT in a 5-year option; post-baccalaureate students finish in 2 years
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Principles of Athletic Training
- Taping and Bracing of Athletic Injuries
- Non-Orthopedic Injury Assessment
- Clinical in Athletic Training: Preseason Experience
- Lower Body Extremity Assessment
- Therapeutic Modalities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 410 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Bachelor's Degree in exercise science, kinesiology, human performance, sports medicine or a related field
- Minimum 2.75 overall GPA
- One semester biology (100 level course)
- 200 level social/behavioral science (Gannon students take PSYCH 222)
- One semester of physics (100 level course with or without lab is acceptable)
- One semester of chemistry with lab
- Exercise physiology with lab (3 or 4 credit depending on syllabus) *may be 3 credit with lab component embedded in course
- 2 semesters of 3-4 credits of anatomy and physiology - lab required (may have a 3 credit course if syllabus identifies a lab component)
International650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 650 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 650 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.