This fully online 41-unit Special Education degree at Biola University can be completed in four semesters and is designed to prepare highly effective special educators who plan to work in challenging school environments.
Students in this program who live in the State of California can also complete prerequisite courses and the 12-unit SEED 584/585 Student Teaching in Special Education sequence that will allow them to earn their Education Specialist Credential (Mild/Moderate) from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy and Values in School and Society
- Educational Research and Statistics
- Research in Culture and Intercultural Instruction
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 726 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution by the time they plan to start coursework at Biola, and should have a cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must also submit an official transcript from their previous academic institution.
- Submit GRE General test scores (waived if cumulative GPA is 3.5 or above or if Basic Skills Requirement and subject matter competency is met by completion of a state-approved program or passage of all CSET subtests).
- For California residents who do not hold a valid credential — Verify possession of Certificate of Clearance from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- For non-California residents — Provide proof of eligibility to complete fieldwork in non-California classroom.
International10938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 667 USD per credit during 30 months.
National10938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 667 USD per credit during 30 months.
Living costs for La Mirada
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.