The MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) offered by the California State University Sacramento provides professional preparation and training in the theory and practice of teaching English to non-native speakers.
- The program is designed for graduate students who expect to teach in community college or secondary or adult education settings in the U.S. or in adult or university level courses overseas.
- The program is also preparation for the Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics.
- Materials and Methods of TESOL Research
- Internship- ESL Teaching
- Curriculum and Assessment Design for Language Classrooms
- Second Language Acquisition
- ESL Writing/Composition
- Pedagogical Grammar for TESOL
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics View 2013 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- a baccalaureate degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA, including a 3.0 GPA in the final 60 units;
- international students must achieve minimum scores on the TOEFL as follows: 600 on the traditional TOEFL, with a score of 5 on the Test of Written English (TWE) OR 250 or higher on the computerized TOEFL, with a score of 5 on the Test of Written English OR 100 or higher on the TOEFL, with a minimum of 24 on the writing section;
- completion of prerequisite courses (or their equivalents1) with a grade of "B" or better;
- Students should complete all prerequisites before enrolling in a graduate-level (200 and above) courses.
- Preference will be given to those students who have completed 2 semesters of college-level foreign language (6 units).
- The University requires that all graduate students admitted in Fall 1980 or later pass the Writing Placement for Graduate Students (WPG).
Living costs for Sacramento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.