The role of UX and IxD expands as digital technology allows for more and more innovative applications. We must create aesthetic, engaging and dynamic experiences for users to interact with in order to take full advantage of current and future technologies, and immerse users in media. For these reasons, a Master of Science in User Experience and Interaction Design degree at Jefferson (Philadelphia University and Thomas Jefferson University) prepares graduates with the necessary skills to evolve the standards of communication and interaction.
To compete in today's growing market, professionals must have the tools necessary to approach each task effectively, including practical interactive knowledge, technological skills, development, production and post-production knowledge, visual communication skills and information literacy.
Graduates from the Master of Science in User Experience and Interaction program are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to fulfill many possible careers, such as:
- Interaction Design
- User Experience Design
- User Research
- Usability Analysis
- Information Architecture
- Digital Project Management
- Creative Direction
- Mobile Application Design
- User Interface Design
- Front End Web Development
- Interactive Design
- Web and Multimedia Design
Recent graduates have found themselves in creative positions at a diverse range of companies from small to medium businesses and larger companies such as Comcast Interactive Media, QVC, Disney ABC Television Group, SAP, and NBCUniversal. Many graduates also find themselves seeking a fast-paced career in an agency environment. Rosetta, Digitas Health, Night Kitchen Media, Red Tettemer, AYC Media and Razorfish are just a few of the notable agencies where PhilaU graduates have expanded their professional careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Essentials of Interactive Design
- Research & Design Process Methods
- Digital Experience Design
- Mobile Communication Design
- Design Business and Entrepreneurship
- Digital Innovation Design
- UXD Thesis Project Preparation
- Interactive Narrative/Drama
- Database Management/Scripting
- UXD Internship OR Independent Study
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesUser Experience Design View 18 other Masters in User Experience Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To apply students must be able to provide:
- Completed Application for Graduate Admissions
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Current Resume/CV
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (may be emailed directly by recommenders)
- A thoughtful essay, focused on the unique ways they anticipate contributing to this interdisciplinary program
- Design portfolio, preferably in an interactive format. PDFs are accepted
International1190 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1190 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
National1190 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1190 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.