In this Industrial Design program atThomas Jefferson University, you will learn to design effectively at the collaborative and chaotic “front end” of the product-development process. You will work with product users, researchers, businesspeople, engineers and manufacturers to create products and systems that are better at serving their users, societies and the world at large.
We like busy people, because busy people are ambitious, curious people. Many of our courses are taught in the afternoon and evening, to allow flexible scheduling for students who have outside obligations.
Our Four Areas of Focus:
- Informing design through creative research into user needs.
- Working closely with business, engineering and other disciplines to design platforms and systems- not just isolated objects.
- Designing intelligent products for the "internet of things," integrating hardware, software and electronic interactivity.
- Understanding and designing for global societies.
Our students are smart, curious and diverse, with undergraduate backgrounds as disparate as economics, philosophy, technology education, mechanical engineering and architecture, as well as some with undergraduate ID degrees. International students are warmly welcomed.
The M.S. in Industrial Design will prepare you for entrepreneurial work in the field, or for a position in a corporate design department or design consulting firm.
If you’re currently working in design, this program can help you move from tactics to strategy, going from working on problems you’re given, to finding untapped new opportunities and new clients.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ergonomic Studies
- Design I for Industrial Design
- CAD I for Industrial Design
- Drawing Essentials
- Design Development Drawing
- Materials and Processes for Manufacturing
- Materials and Processes for Fabrication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design View 110 other Masters in Industrial Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application for Graduate Admissions
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Current Resume/CV
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Essay
- Portfolio Encouraged
International35385 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1685 USD per credit during 24 months.
National35385 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1685 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.