In the Industrial Design program from Thomas Jefferson University you will work with product users, researchers, businesspeople, engineers and manufacturers to create products and systems that are better at serving their users, societies and the world at large.
We like busy people, because busy people are ambitious, curious people. Many of our courses are taught in the afternoon and evening, to allow flexible scheduling for students who have outside obligations.
Our Four Areas of Focus
- Informing design through creative research into user needs.
- Working closely with business, engineering and other disciplines to design platforms and systems- not just isolated objects.
- Designing intelligent products for the "internet of things," integrating hardware, software and electronic interactivity.
- Understanding and designing for global societies.
- Ergonomic Studies
- Design I for Industrial Design
- CAD I for Industrial Design
- Drawing Essentials
- Design Development Drawing
- Materials and Processes for Manufacturing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design View 112 other Masters in Industrial Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts: Submit official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all regionally accredited institutions you have attended and/or from which you earned credit. Official transcripts can be sent electronically by the institution to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the address above.
- Personal Statement: Submit a statement of purpose outlining your interest in the program, how the course of study relates to your desired career path, and your academic and job-related experiences that are relevant to the program.
- Letters of Recommendation: Submit two letters of reference that provide insight into your academic competence. References from college or university faculty members are recommended. You may request recommendations through your MyJefferson account.
- Résumé: A current professional résumé is required.
- Portfolio: Submit a portfolio consisting of work from your previous academic studies, work experiences, and/or personal interests.
International36456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1736 USD per credit during 24 months.
National36456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1736 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.