The Jewish Studies degree at Yeshiva University is offered in the following areas of concentration: Bible, medieval Jewish history, modern Jewish history, Jewish philosophy, and Talmudic studies.
The program is structured to appeal to men and women (40 percent of our current student body is female) who strive to enhance their Jewish learning through a rigorous and stimulating program.
Whether you want to continue professionally in fields such as law or business, enter into more traditional areas like Jewish education or Jewish communal service, or pursue the degree out of intellectual curiosity and personal interest, the program is for those who want to be challenged and inspired.
- Biblical Hebrew
- Ancient Jewish History
- Book of Proverbs
- East European Jewish Histories
- Promised Lands: Jewish Presence in Latin America
- Sephardic Reactions to Persecution: the Phoenix and the Fire
- Medieval Jewish Philosophy
- Modern Jewish Philosophy
- Jewish Mysticism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 700 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a recognized college or university and have a grade point average of at least B (3.0).
- Academic background should include documented evidence of a Hebrew proficiency adequate for the required readings. In the absence of such evidence, a Hebrew reading test may be required as part of the admission process.
International34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1165 USD per credit during 12 months.
National34950 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1165 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.