The M.S. in College Student Affairs at Eastern Illinois University provides a strong foundation for knowledge and skills development needed for effective administration, efficient use of technology, and humanistic support of undergraduate and graduate education. Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared for entry and mid-level student affairs positions in post-secondary public and private education as well as state and federal agencies. Some students also decide to pursue additional studies in Ph.D. programs and other terminal degrees.
Learning Goals for the M.S in College Student Affairs
- Candidates will display the required academic preparation and professional dispositions necessary to succeed in the graduate program in Counseling or Higher Education Leadership.
- Candidates will display evidence of depth of content knowledge.
- Candidates will display evidence of maintaining professional disposition.
- Candidates will display evidence of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Candidates will display evidence of effective oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates will display evidence of advanced scholarship through research and/or creative activity.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in College Student Affairs
- Leadership and Administration in Higher Education
- Individual and Group Intervention
- Student Development Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1496 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Grade Point Average(GPA): minimum 2.75 out of 4.0. Some graduate degrees have higher GPA requirements.
- Official Entrance Examinations (GRE, GMAT, MAT): Some degree programs require entrance examinations.
- Test of English Language (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.)
- A passport copy is required.
- Non-refundable application fee of $30.00 U.S. in the form of a check, certified check or money order made payable to Eastern Illinois University, application fee is valid for one year.
International743 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 743 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National743 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 743 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State309 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 309 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.