With the specialized knowledge, applied skills and functional expertise you'll gain in the M.A. in Global Affairs and Human Security at the University of Baltimore program, you'll be a competitive candidate for careers in the nonprofit and public sectors and with supranational organizations.
- You'll examine the ways in which nongovernmental organizations, intergovernmental bodies and global actors work together to address issues of human well-being while confronting challenges that require more than simply single governments to solve.
- You'll develop cross-cultural sensitivities and awareness of contemporary global issues, and you'll gain exposure to the factors that compel people and groups to engage in violence and otherwise feel insecure.
- You'll apply theories and concepts of global governance, transnational problem-solving and human security to real-world case studies.
- You'll be prepared to develop appropriate programs and evaluate existing programs within nonprofit, intergovernmental and supranational bodies—and you'll have the skills to work successfully in both management and service delivery in the nonprofit sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Understanding and Assessing Conflict
- Ethnic and Cultural Factors in Conflict
- Special Topics: Terrorism, Counterterrorism and International Conflict Management
- International Development
- Managing NGOs
- Public Program Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
rolling for fall intake
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security View 106 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United States
- a bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited college or university
- at least a B average in prior coursework if transferring from another program.
- Online application.
- Official transcript(s).
International1111 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1111 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1111 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1111 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State758 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 758 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.