The Special Education program of Pacific University Oregon is a 24-month online hybrid program developed in collaboration with our partner school districts. Connect with a rich and diverse distributed community while still enjoying flexibility of location. Do your student teaching in a school within your community, mentored by dedicated experts in special education.
Start a rewarding career in special education— our NCATE accredited program is dedicated to preparing all teachers to support students with disabilities as equal and valuable members of the school community.
Careers & Outcomes | MAT in Special Education
School districts are seeking qualified individuals who can successfully work with children with disabilities.
People with disabilities belong to all genders, races, sexualities, and social and economic groups. The work you do with people with disabilities brings you closer to people from all groups.
The NCATE-accredited MAT in special education program at Pacific University is dedicated to preparing all teachers to support students with disabilities as equal and valuable members of the school community through a curriculum that focuses on the following learning outcomes:
- Ability to implement strategies for teaching students with disabilities
- Facility with technologies for 21st Century teaching and learning
- Ability to implement inclusive practices for diverse learners
- Knowledge of how to build school partnerships and internships
- Skill in special education leadership and advocacy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Educational Psychology, Development, & Learning
- Integrated Curriculum Methods-Functional
- Assistive Technology
- Technology for Teacher Productivity
- Case Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 727 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Complete the School of Learning & Teaching Application
- Resume: highlight your experience with children and youth
- All official college transcripts
- Three letters of evaluation/recommendation
- Essay: on your personal and professional goals as a special educator
- Submit application Fee of $35
International17077 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 759 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17077 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 759 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Forest Grove
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.