Mental Health Counseling from University of Central Arkansas helps students establish private practices or work in various mental health centers, community agencies, and hospitals. The program consists of sixty (60) semester hours of course work including a one semester internship. Graduates can become Licensed Professional Counselors through the Arkansas Board of Examiners in Counseling.
Graduates with Mental Health Counseling from University of Central Arkansas will:
- have knowledge of a variety of counseling theories & therapeutic techniques and be able to demonstrate their appropriate use with various populations.
- have gained sufficient knowledge of ethical and professional standards of care to effectively engage in a therapeutic relationship within a counseling setting.
- have received adequate training to enable them to become Licensed Professional Counselors in the state of Arkansas.
- successfully enter the mental health profession.
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Counseling and Psychology
- Theories of Psychotherapy
- Advanced Developmental Psychology
- Group Therapy
- Counseling Process and Skills
- Research Methods in Counseling
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Addictions
- Multicultural Counseling
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Analysis of the Individual
- Career Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Late applications will only be considered if all positions are not filled.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Clinical Psychology View 2395 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Online application and fee payment
- Scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) – general test
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from professional references qualified to comment on your academic and professional potential
- Personal Statement
- Prerequisite coursework (any outstanding prerequisite coursework must be completed before starting classes in the program):
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check (will be requested after interview)
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.70 on a scale of 4.00 OR at least a 3.00 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate study
- Copy of the biographical page of your passport.
- Proof of Financial Support
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
International5062 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2531 USD per semester during 24 months.
National4504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2252 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Conway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.