If you are currently in any of the following situations and want to begin graduate studies, the Master of Arts in English Education program at University of South Florida St Petersburg may be right for you.
- You are a fully certified middle or high school English teacher and would like to broaden your knowledge of both English content and teaching methodologies.
- You have a temporary teaching certificate for English 6-12 and would like to take certification courses at the graduate level.
- You have a B.A. in English or a related area, have not taken any education courses, but would like to get a temporary teaching certificate to begin teaching English at the secondary level.
- You are a secondary English teacher who would like to take courses to fulfill the Florida Reading Endorsement.
- You would like to teach English at the community college level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues of Vocabulary and Word Study
- Cognition, Comprehension & Content Reading Area
- Assessment in Literacy
- Practicum in Reading
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Literature View 901 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- A bachelor’s degree with a “B” average or better and a previous graduate degree with a “B” average or better. In cases where an applicant has a bachelor’s and a graduate degree at the time of admission, the credentials and GPA of the graduate degree will be the determining factor for admission.
- The equivalent bachelors and/or graduate degrees from a foreign institution. Bachelor’s degrees from institutions in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) are considered equivalent based on the Bologna Accord. For applicants with a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree with less than 120 hours, from Non-Bologna Accord Institutions, a transcript evaluation from a NACES member is required to confirm equivalency.
- Applicants from countries where English is not the official language, and who have not earned at least a bachelor’s degree in the U.S., must also demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
International15696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15696 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15696 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7672 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.