The MSCN is a 33-credit research-focused master’s program offered in a 100% online format for those seeking an advanced degree in community nutrition.
The Master of Science in Community Nutrition includes core courses in nutrition science, applied nutrition, and nutrition research techniques as well as elective courses including nutrition concepts and controversies, vegetarian nutrition, nutrition education K-12, and exercise and older adults among others.
What Can I Do With This Degree?
Master of Science in Community Nutrition at the West Chester University is a valuable graduate degree for the registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) who would like to advance in their current positions. Our graduates work in areas such as primary care, outpatient services, counseling clients in the community, or school nutrition. Other opportunities are in maternal and child nutrition, community-based programs for older adults, health promotion programs and food banks. Some recent job titles include:
- Community health educator
- Director of nutrition and wellness
- Entrepreneur—many own their own health and wellness companies
- Nutrition labeling analyst
- Nutrition services manager
- Senior nutrition communications analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nutrition Assessment
- Nutrition and Human Behavior
- Public Health Nutrition
- Maternal & Child Nutrition
- Nutrition & Health in Aging
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 287 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form submitted online.
- One official transcript from every college and university attended (except West Chester University). The official transcript should be sent directly from your undergraduate Registrar to the Graduate Admissions office. See note above.
- Two letters of recommendation for degree and certificate programs.
- A written statement of your professional goals.
International2596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1298 USD per semester during 12 months.
National2596 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1298 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for West Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.