The Department of Modern Foreign Languages will develop a multilingual community of learners, which affords students the opportunity to perfect their language skills for global communication and awareness, understand curricular content and innovations, and international experiences that connect them to the larger world.
The Department also offers minors (eighteen credit hours) in French or Spanish to students who wish to accelerate their understanding of a particular area of foreign language study while pursuing another major field. Please contact the Department for additional information.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Department offers introductory and intermediate courses in French and Spanish, as well as degree programs leading to the Bachelor of Arts in French and/or Spanish, Master of Arts in French and/or Spanish, and the Doctor of Philosophy in Humanities with a concentration in Romance Languages.
- These degree programs prepare students for various careers in teaching, foreign service, international business, consulting, communication, publishing, law enforcement agencies, interpreting and translating, just to mention a few examples.
- Two areas of concentration are available at the undergraduate level: one with the general courses and one with a minor in Business.
- Students may also arrange other interdisciplinary majors with the approval of the Department.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Linguistics View 909 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Before any action can be taken on an application, applicants must submit the following to the Director of Student Recruitment and Admissions:
- Completed and signed application.
- Cashier’s check or money order (made payable to Clark Atlanta University) in the amount of $40. The application fee for an international applicant is $55 U.S. dollars. The application fee will not be waived and is non-refundable.
- An official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution you have attended. Transcripts must be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions from the institution’s Office of the Registrar. A transcript which has been “issued to the student” will not be accepted.
International23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23082 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23082 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.