Psychology at Clark Atlanta University's aims are to develop in students the abilities to question and think critically and to become independent investigators and to impart a philosophy of appreciation for a developing and maturing science based on well-grounded experimental evidence.
In addition to regular classroom work, the internship course provides an opportunity for students to work in a psychological agency in order to acquire practical experience in psychological work and a better understanding of human relations. Students design their cooperative experience in collaboration with a sponsoring agency and Psychology faculty, ensuring that the proposed experience parallels and enhances their academic studies.
Students considering graduate studies in psychology should plan their major with the guidance of their assigned Department advisor so that elective courses may be tailored to their specific career and educational goals. Students with majors other than psychology who find psychology courses relevant to their educational needs are welcome to register for those classes if they have taken the prerequisite courses.
- Social Psychology
- Experimental Psychology
- History and Systems of Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Physiological Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 1266 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Completed and signed application.
- Cashier’s check or money order (made payable to Clark Atlanta University) in the amount of $40. The application fee for an international applicant is $55 U.S. dollars.
- An official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution you have attended.
- Three recommendation letters: two from former instructors and one from an employer or supervisor.
- Resume, which can be submitted by email to GraduateAdmissions@cau.edu.
- A Dean of Students Certification form from the last institution you have attended (this form is only required if you attended an institution within the last two years).
- A letter of intent which discusses career goals, reasons for applying to Clark Atlanta University, and qualifications for admission.
- a 10-page writing sample that demonstrates your academic preparation for graduate studies.
International28530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 951 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 951 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.