- The purpose of Literacy Education the program offered by University of Southern Maine is to enable students to become informed decision makers who are capable of designing and implementing appropriate up-to-date instruction in reading, writing, listening, and speaking at all levels.
- Students will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to become effective advocates for improving literacy instruction in their schools.
- Teaching Literature in Grades K-12
- Digital Literacies and Education
- Linguistic and Cultural Diversity in the Classroom
- Research Methods and Techniques
- Reading Development and Instruction
- Literacy Problems: Assessment and Instruction
- Writing Development and Instruction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Literature Teaching View 805 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Application: Online Application
- Application fee: Waived for all applicants
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, excluding the seven campuses of the University of Maine System (UMS transcripts are accessible to USM).
- Resume: Submit a resume or CV that outlines professional, volunteer, and community experience.
- Essay: Type a brief essay (300-500 words) stating your reasons for pursuing graduate study, your professional goals, and how you think this program of study will contribute to these goals.
- Proof of teacher certification
- TOEFL or IELTS: Students whose first language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and submit official scores as part of the application process. See additional information below regarding test scores.
International21348 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1186 USD per credit during 24 months.
National21348 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1186 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State7776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 432 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Gorham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.