The Department of English & Modern Languages at Clark Atlanta University prepares students in English composition and creative writing, various genres of literature, critical analysis, and research to transform and enrich diverse learning intellectually, culturally, and professionally.
Its goal is to prepare and expose languages majors and non-majors to the languages and cultures of different societies and to achieve functional proficiency and communicative competency in the target language through immersion and varied enrichment experiences.
The Department of English & Modern Languages will be a collaborative center of innovative teaching, learning, and research that will enhance students' ability to engage globally in a variety of professions through enhances programs and curricula.
We will also develop a multilingual community of learners, which affords students the opportunity to perfect their language skills for global communication and awareness, understand curricular content and innovations, and international experiences that connect them to the larger world.
- Methods of Research
- History of the English Language
- Major Authors
- Early American Literature
- American Poetry and Poetics
- American Renaissance
- American Realism and Naturalism
- The American Novel
- Contemporary American Literature
- Modern American Drama
- Ideas and Forms in African American Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 632 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
- Completed and signed application.
- Cashier’s check or money order (made payable to Clark Atlanta University) in the amount of $40. The application fee for an international applicant is $55 U.S. dollars.
- An official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution you have attended.
- Three recommendation letters: two from former instructors and one from an employer or supervisor.
- Resume, which can be submitted by email to GraduateAdmissions@cau.edu.
- A Dean of Students Certification form from the last institution you have attended (this form is only required if you attended an institution within the last two years).
- A letter of intent which discusses career goals, reasons for applying to Clark Atlanta University, and qualifications for admission.
- a 10-page writing sample that demonstrates your academic preparation for graduate studies.
International28530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 951 USD per credit during 12 months.
National28530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 951 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.