Our English students share a cohesive spirit in their classes and their extra-curricular activities, working together to make their experience at our university both stimulating and memorable.
The English department sponsors extracurricular activities and organizations that enhance the cultural and academic climate of Clark Atlanta University and the Atlanta community. Foremost among them is the Annual Writers Workshop Conference, winner of the 1995 Governor's Award in the humanities. The Conference features student writing from Clark Atlanta University as well as from the other AU Center colleges and the larger Atlanta community. The English department is the home of the Charles Waddell Chesnutt Association. The Association is an affiliate of both the American Literature Association and the College Language Association. English Club is open to undergraduate students who are interested in participating in various activities with their peers including volunteer work at area public schools. Our Department also sponsors the Alpha Beta Beta chapter of the Sigma Tau Delta National English Honor Society. The Society is open to undergraduate and graduate students who hold high grade point averages.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Methods of Research
- History of the English Language
- Major Authors
- Early American Literature
- American Poetry and Poetics
- American Renaissance
- American Realism and Naturalism
- The American Novel
- Contemporary American Literature
- Modern American Drama
- Ideas and Forms in African American Literature
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 912 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Before any action can be taken on an application, applicants must submit the following to the Director of Student Recruitment and Admissions:
- Completed and signed application.
- Cashier’s check or money order (made payable to Clark Atlanta University) in the amount of $40. The application fee for an international applicant is $55 U.S. dollars. The application fee will not be waived and is non-refundable.
- An official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate institution you have attended. Transcripts must be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions from the institution’s Office of the Registrar. A transcript which has been “issued to the student” will not be accepted.
International23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23082 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National23082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23082 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.