Women's and Gender Studies from Southern Connecticut State University is designed to give students access to advanced concepts in Women's & Gender Studies, to the specialized research methods of the field, and to the professional skills related to Women's & Gender Studies that can be applied in the work place.
Graduates with Women's and Gender Studies from Southern Connecticut State University will be able to:
- Discuss the history of feminist thought in US and international contexts
- Articulate the connections and dynamics between feminist theories and practices
- Conduct a sophisticated analysis of the intersectionality of gender, race, class, ethnicity, sexuality, and nationality
- Articulate the connections and dynamics between Women's Studies and other academic disciplines
- Locate, analyze, and interpret information from a wide range of materials, including scholarly, archival, qualitative, and quantitative materials
- Merge (1) personal knowledge and experiences; (2) feminist theories and activism, with the content of women's studies and other courses to formulate sound arguments supported with research
- Use the intersectionality of gender, race, class, ethnicity, sexuality, and nationality as a tool of analysis
- Critically examine the issues from the perspectives of (1) the global and the local or (2) the universal and the particular
- Apply feminist theories to local, national, or international public and community service
- Demonstrate professionalism in the application of feminist theories and practice in a variety of social settings
- Communicate effectively about the need for social transformation and demonstrate effectiveness in engaging citizens
- Feminist Theories and Practices
- Research Methods in Women's Studies
- History of Feminist Thought
- Global Women's Issues
- Field Experience
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work Gender & Sexuality Studies Sociology View 668 other Masters in Sociology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Southern Connecticut State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Hold the foreign equivalent of a United States bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with an undergraduate grade point average of at least "B." (On various grading scales this would be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Present certified copies and certified English translations of all academic achievements in each college or university attended. A diploma is not sufficient. The complete record of courses and marks earned and/or record of subjects and examination results must be received. Documents presented by applicants must detail the award of either a bachelor 's degree or equivalent or a graduate degree.
Undergraduate grade point average of at least "B." (On various grading scales this would be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, 14 on a 20 point scale.)
International20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 24 months.
National20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8058 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4029 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.