The goal of the Medical Physics program at University of Minnesota is to prepare students for entering a medical physics residency program in therapy or imaging physics and/or to pursue a career in teaching and research in medical physics.
The program governance includes the Director of Graduate Studies (DGS), the Steering Committee, and the Admissions Committee. The DGS has many duties as specified by the Univeristy of Minnesota. The Steering Committee addresses the long term needs of the program and any short term issues. The Admissions Committee reviews applications for admissions and makes admissions decisions.
This graduate program was started as an interdisciplinary graduate program under the name Biophysical Sciences in the 1950s by Dr. Otto Schmidt to encourage collaboration among biologists, chemists, and physicists. Then, as now, faculty had their salaried appointments in various home departments, including departments within the Medical School, but participated in Biophysical Sciences because of their interests in collaborative, interdisciplinary projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Seminar
- Advanced Radiation Physics and Dosimetry
- Basic Radiological Physics
- Medical and Health Physics of Imaging
- Radiation Biology
- Medical and Health Physics of Radiation Therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Physiotherapy View 213 other Masters in Biomedicine in United States
- Admission to a UMN graduate program requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the U.S., or a comparable degree from outside the U.S.
- Many graduate programs prefer an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher for admission.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Many graduate programs require letters of recommendation, submitted and uploaded online.
International27204 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13602 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National27204 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13602 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State17580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8790 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.