The Medical Device Innovation program of the University of Minnesota takes students from idea to commercial success, gaining knowledge of global, industry, and regulatory trends needed for innovation and career growth. Through the practicum and applied capstone project, students identify real-world solutions to issues that directly impact organizations and communities.
Build expertise in one or two areas of specialization while gaining a broad understanding of industry dynamics.
At TLI, students study in the center of the medical device industry and develop the important lifesaving medical devices of tomorrow.
The MDI degree program provides early and mid-career medical device professionals the skills needed to be effective leaders, and drive innovation and business growth. MDI is a one-of-a-kind program that can be completed while you work full time:
- Cohort-based model with 25 students
- Classes are scheduled 2-3 times a week in the evenings
- Students take three to five classes a semester
- Choose from two completion options: earn your degree in 16 or 22 months
- Technical Communications
- Technology Foresight and Forecasting
- Clinical Foundations of Medical Device Innovation
- Finance, Valuation, and Entrepreneurship
- Quality, Regulatory and Operations Management
- Product Innovation & Development Management
- 22 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Due to limited size cohort, applicants should begin the admissions process as early as possible.
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Human Medicine General Engineering & Technology View 784 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Minnesota and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- English language test scores are needed from international students (minimum of 90 on the TOEFL required)
International25036 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45900 USD for the full programme during 22 months.
National25036 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45900 USD for the full programme during 22 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.