The Management of Technology program of the University of Minnesota is a management degree with an emphasis in strategic technological leadership. Often compared to an MBA, the MOT has the following distinctions for technology-based professionals:
- In addition to accounting, finance and marketing, students also study technology forecasting, innovation management, new technology product development and commercialization.
- Students participate in the International Management of Technology Project (IMTP), an intensive two-week trip abroad to both a leading and emerging market, to analyze the cultural, socioeconomic, and political structures as they relate to international business.
- Each student chooses a significant topic for the MOT capstone project. This work-based research project enables students to directly apply their MOT education at work, providing immediate and long-term benefits to both the student and their employer.
Executive EducationOur executive format allows students to continue to work full time while in school, featuring:
- a cohort-based model which emphasizes collaboration and the sharing of each members' diverse experiences and ideas
- small class size (maximum of 30 students)
- classes held one full day per week
- program completion in 21 months
- Marketing Management for Technology-based Organizations
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Operations Management for Competitive Advantage
- Strategic Technology Analysis
- Managing Organizations in a Technological Environment
- Financial Management for Technology-based Organizations
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis; applicants should begin the admissions process and submit applications as early as possible.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Engineering Management View 1787 other Masters in Management Studies in United States
- Undergraduate degree
- Demonstrated tech-based managerial/leadership experience
- Minimum of five years of full-time work experience in a science, engineering or technology-related area (applicants with at least three years of work experience and demonstrated leadership ability will be considered)
- Cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Corporate endorsement
- Candidates that do not meet the program's admission requirements may be asked to submit GRE or GMAT scores
- English language test scores are needed from international students (minimum of 90 on the TOEFL required)
International38500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 77000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National38500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 77000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Minneapolis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.