Highlights of our Marriage and Family Therapy program include:
- The Couple and Family Therapy Center – You will train as a student therapist in our on-campus clinic with a faculty member as your supervisor. The clinic is equipped with one-way mirrors, every session is recorded, and the faculty supervisor is guiding you through your first cases.
- We are one of only four COAMFTE accredited programs in WA – As a graduate of an accredited program, you will have 500 of 1000 direct client contact hours required for licensure in WA.
- We place you for your practicum – We have established partnerships with six local community mental health agencies so that you do not have to go out and find one on your own.
- We value diversity – We value a diverse learning community. Together, we encounter and experience a rich variety of perspectives, ideas, belief systems and ways of thinking. In and out of class, we are enriched by each other’s stories, opinions, and personalities.
- Truly small class sizes of approximately 20 students– Our students get to know each other very well right away. Students find that the relationships they develop by working so closely together benefits both their professional and personal lives.
- 100% pass rate on the national MFT exam for our graduates – Further details about our program performance, including the number of students in the program, our graduation rate, and licensure rate
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Biopsychosocial Health and Development Across the Lifespan
- Systems Approach to Marriage and Family Therapy
- Contextual Foundations of Systemic Practice
- Research Methods in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Comparative Marriage and Family Therapy
- Human Sexuality, Sex Therapy, and Couples Therapy
- Systemic and Mental Health Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Professional Studies in Marriage and Family Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 889 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE or GMAT scores
- Statement of professional goals and quantitative skills.
- Pay the nonrefundable $55 application fee.
International16560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8280 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National16560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8280 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Each year Pacific Lutheran University (PLU) awards two new students in the MFT program $10,000 in scholarships. These awards are named for Charles D. York and Cheryl L. Storm who have been influential in the founding and shaping of the MFT program at PLU.
- Award amount: up to $10,000
- Number of awards: 2
- Eligibility: All students applying to the MFT program may apply for these scholarships.
- Terms of the award: These scholarships are awarded for one year and renewed for a second year by maintaining good standing in the program demonstrated by at least a 3.0 GPA and professional suitability and demeanor.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.