This program also covers the latest field-related technologies related to the production of translated texts.
Students in the program will become acquainted with Consecutive and Simultaneous Interpreting and will have the opportunity to further their knowledge and skills in these and other areas and subspecialties such as Legal, Medical, Finance Translation, and Literary Translation.
Practical and theoretical instruction will be provided in these submodalities. Additional required courses will cover Translation Theory, Research in Translation Studies, and Translation Project Management.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Translation Theory
- Translation Workshop:Spanish-English
- Translation Workshop:English-Spanish
- Consecutive Interpreting
- Simultaneous Interpreting
- Court Interpreting
- Interpreting Practicum
- Medical Interpreting and Terminology
- Translation of Legal Texts
- Translation Topics
- Business and Finance Translation
- Translation Technologies
- Audiovisual Translation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTranslation & Interpreting Linguistics View 22 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a similar or related field.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- GRE General Test. Minimum scores: 146 Verbal and 4.0 Analytical Writing. GRE test scores are valid for 5 years. A GRE waiver may be granted if the application holds a UTRGV Graduate Certificate in the field (Spanish Translation, Healthcare Interpreting, Court Interpreting, Literary Interpreting, Localization and Audiovisual Translation) with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
International31796 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15898 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National15196 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7598 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.