At Sign Language Education from Gallaudet University students will undertake a teaching practicum and internship under the supervision of a cooperating teacher. An electronic portfolio is required at the completion of the program, representing the culmination of the student's academic performance.
Graduates with Sign Language Education from Gallaudet University will:
- demonstrate theoretical knowledge and display competence in classroom settings regarding methodological and socio-political issues involved in sign language teaching, curriculum development, and assessment.
- demonstrate knowledge of and critical inquiry into key concepts in the Sign Language teaching field.
- recognize the importance of the Sign Language teacher as a system change agent and apply this in practice utilizing effective leadership, advocacy, consultation, and collaboration to influence change on the individual, group, and organizational and systemic levels.
- demonstrate preparedness to seek and obtain employment as a teaching professional in the field of sign language education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sign Language Media Production
- Sign Language Linguistics for Sign Language Professionals
- Methods of Sign Language Teaching
- Curriculum Development for Sign Language Education
- Assessing Sign Language Skills
- First and Second Language Acquisition
- Sign Language Planning and Advocacy
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Special Education View 662 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online graduate application
- Goal statements
- Submission of all official postsecondary transcript(s)
- Three names of references
- Competence in the English language
- At least a B (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) cumulative grade point average (GPA) in undergraduate and previous graduate work.
International27270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27270 USD per year and a duration of 15 months.
National18180 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18180 USD per year and a duration of 15 months.
- International students (Developing countries): $27,270 per year
- International students (Non-Developing countries): $36,360 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.