The Urban and Regional Planning program at Cal Poly Pomona University can be completed in two years if taken on a full time basis, or in up to seven years on a part-time schedule.
- The quality of the program has been recognized by national accreditation teams, in awards by professional organizations, and by employer demand for our students. In 2006, Planetizen rated the program in the top 25 nationally, 6th in the nation for zoning administration. Planetizen also rated the program as the most diverse in the nation. The Graduate Coordinator is Dr. Dina Abdul Karim
Programme StructureCourses included:
- How Planning Works
- Planning and Place
- Land Use Planning: Law and Intergovernmental Relations
- Planning Ideas and Actions
- Planning for Environmental Sustainability
- Research Design and Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences Urban Planning View 291 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions of higher education that you have attended.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can address your scholarly and/or professional abilities and can comment on your potential for success in graduate study. Recommenders should upload their letters through the Cal State Apply platform on letterhead, .pdf or doc. file.
- Statement of Purpose in which you indicate your reasons for seeking a Master of Urban and Regional Planning degree and discuss your interest and career goals. The statement should be 600-900 words and typed.
- Unofficial test scores (GRE and/or TOEFL). Please see below for specific requirements.
International15208 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15208 USD per year during 12 months.
National15208 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15208 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8872 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pomona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.