The Geology framework provided by the M.S. degree at Cal Poly Pomona University will enable graduates to meet the intellectual challenges of their professional or academic careers and assume leadership roles in their profession.
The program is sufficiently flexible to meet student interests in the application of geology to the solution of hydrologic, geophysical, environmental, geoengineering, or resource extraction problems facing our society. As a polytechnic university we are dedicated to the "Learn by Doing" philosophy and stress practical interactions between students, faculty and industry/government professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Topics in Geosciences
- Field Investigations
- Thesis Proposal
- Thesis Research
- Master's Degree Thesis
- Earth Science Seminar
- Engineering Geology II/Laboratory
- Sedimentary Geology
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology Laboratory
- Soil Physics
- Ore Deposits
- Shallow Subsurface Geophysics
- Exploration and Mining Geology
- Introduction to Seismology, Earthquakes and Earth Structure
- Field Module Laboratory
- Planetary Science
- Special Topics for Upper Division Students
- Quaternary Geology
- Advanced Hydrogeology
- Petroleum Geology
- Advanced Shallow Subsurface Geophysics
- Topics in Advanced Seismology
- Contaminant Transport
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Environmental Sciences View 606 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United States
- Have completed an acceptable baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited or internationally recognized institution
- Are in good academic standing at the last college of university attended
- Have attained a grade-point average of at least 2.5 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter units) attempted
- Satisfactorily meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate studies, which may include qualifying examinations
International8830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8830 USD per year during 12 months.
National8830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8830 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pomona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.