The Geology framework provided by the M.S. degree at Cal Poly Pomona University will enable graduates to meet the intellectual challenges of their professional or academic careers and assume leadership roles in their profession.
- The program is sufficiently flexible to meet student interests in the application of geology to the solution of hydrologic, geophysical, environmental, geoengineering, or resource extraction problems facing our society. As a polytechnic university we are dedicated to the "Learn by Doing" philosophy and stress practical interactions between students, faculty and industry/government professionals.
- Advanced Topics in Geosciences
- Field Investigations
- Thesis Proposal
- Thesis Research
- Master's Degree Thesis
- Earth Science Seminar
- Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Environmental Sciences View 239 other Masters in Earth Sciences in United States
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geology or a closely related discipline (e.g., Geotechnical Engineering, Hydrology, Geophysics, Earth Science, Environmental Science) from an accredited institution, with a minimum grade-point average of 3.0 in Earth science courses, and a 2.5 grade-point-average in related science and mathematics courses;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- A one-page personal statement of interest, including research and career aspirations;
- A minimum of 24 semester units or 36 quarter units of undergraduate Earth Science coursework (see item 1 above) is required to receive unconditional acceptance into the Master’s program.
- Availability of faculty and resources in the student’s stated area of interest.
International15208 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15208 USD per year during 12 months.
National15208 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15208 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8872 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Pomona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.