The Master of Education in Counseling from The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley offers two specializations: school counseling and clinical mental health counseling.
Graduates of the Counseling program are committed to advocacy and leadership in the communities they serve.
- Accredited, cutting edge degree program
- Experienced, dedicated faculty
- Upon completion of the School Counseling Specialization, the professional school counselor is prepared to be an integral part of the academic services in P‐16 schools, trained to facilitate the growth and learning of students by providing services in guidance curriculum, responsive services, individual planning and systems support.
- Professional, Ethical, and Legal Issues in Counseling
- Personal/Social Development of the Counselor
- Assessment of Counseling and Development
- Counseling Theories, Methods and Techniques
- Diagnosis and Treatment Plan in Counseling
- Career Developmental Theories
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 708 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a similar or related field.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0. If applicant does not meet minimum undergraduate GPA criterion, GRE general test with minimum scores of 150 Verbal, 141 Quantitative, and 4.0 Analytical are required for conditional admission. GRE test scores are valid for 5 years.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
- Personal statement detailing professional goals and reasons for pursuing the graduate degree.
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic sources, at least one must be from a former professor.
- Resume including educational background and work experience.
- Personal Interview (Upon completing application).
- Cleared Criminal Background Check
International15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 24 months.
National15676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7838 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State8332 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4166 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.