Phase I, the 16-month pre-clinical year, spans four consecutive semesters (68 credit hours) and incorporates traditional classroom interaction with clinical skills development and simulated patient interaction through the Sentara Center for Simulation and Immersive Learning.
In Phase II (26 credit hours) of the Physician Assistant program from Eastern Virginia Medical School, students complete 8 clinical field experiences with supervised, direct patient care in various medical and surgical disciplines, which form the basis of the professional socialization process and adaptation to the role and functions of a physician assistant.
The mission of the EVMS Physician Assistant program is to prepare students to provide healthcare in a broad range of medical settings by training them in the medical arts and sciences in an inclusive, multicultural environment dedicated to the delivery of patient-centered care, while fostering a strong commitment to clinical and community partnerships.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pathophysiology for Health Professions
- Clinical Anatomy for Health Professions
- Introduction to the PA Profession and the Business of Medicine
- Psychosocial Elements of Wellness
- Legal and Medical Ethical Issues in Medicine
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Public Health Health Sciences View 1582 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher graduate degree) completed no later than July 1
- Official transcripts from the awarding institution must specify the date upon which the degree was issued.
- If the bachelor’s degree was issued by a U.S. college or university, as a general rule it should be from a regionally accredited institution. However, the PA program may grant exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
International14926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14926 USD per year during 28 months.
National14926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14926 USD per year during 28 months.
In-State12132 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12132 USD per year during 28 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.