As passionate, creative and highly skilled educators, our mission is to provide comprehensive, engaging and in-depth art therapy education. Our students in the Art Therapy and Counseling program from Eastern Virginia Medical School develop strong artist-therapist identities through growth-oriented and reflective classroom, studio, community and clinical experience. We prepare world-class art therapists, who are culturally responsive, community-involved, ethical professionals with successful careers.
- Prepare competent entry-level art therapists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning domains.
- Prepare art therapists with clinical competence in assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning, which includes fostering skills in therapeutic use of a broad range of art processes and materials, integrative theoretical approaches and requisite education needed for counseling licensure.
- Prepare art therapists to speak and write professionally about art therapy.
- Encourage students to develop an innovative, professional, ethical, research-minded and culturally responsive approach to art therapy through academic inquiry and personal art making and self-reflection for self-awareness.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Group Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Individual Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Processes & Materials of Art Psychotherapy
- Theories of Human Psychological Development
- Case Presentation Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1952 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Analysis of credentials to determine equivalence to an accredited U.S. bachelor's degree
- Course-by-course translation, including information on course name, grade and U.S. credit equivalency
- Overall performance in comparison to the standard U.S. grading system (i.e., GPA)
- Official transcript(s) from all academic institutions attended
- Official GRE score report (optional)
- Official TOEFL scores (if applicable)
- Two letters of reference
- Personal interview with portfolio presentation
International37363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37363 USD per year during 24 months.
National37363 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37363 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State29547 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29547 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.