Student Affairs in Higher Education with College Counseling is a 60-credit-hour, three-year specialty program at Slippery Rock University that combines curriculum and practicum and internship experiences from the Student Affairs in Higher Education program and the Clinical Mental Health Counseling program. Graduates are eligible for the National Certified Counselor credential (NCC).
This program prepares students for counseling-focused positions at colleges and universities-including mental health counselor, career counselor, disabilities counselor, or academic advisor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Student Affairs and College Counseling
- Lifespan Development
- Helping Relationships
- Social and Cultural Diversity Introduction to Research
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Student Affairs Higher Education Environments, Cultures, and Students
- College Student Learning and Development
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership in Higher Education
- Career Development and Counseling Group Counseling
- Practicum in Group Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Counselling View 861 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Online Application
- Application Fee
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 to be considered for unconditional admission
- GRE/MAT is waived due to COVID-19, until further notice
- A Personal Statement indicating their interest in the program, experience, and career goals (please see prompt on the form)
- Reference Release Form listing your two academic references
- Two Electronic Academic Reference Forms
International9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4644 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4644 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State6192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3096 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.