What do Family Nurse Practitioners do?
Family Nurse Practioners:
- Provide a wide range of preventative and acute care to patients;
- Take health histories and provide complete physical examinations;
- Diagnose and treat many common acute and chronic health problems;
- Interpret laboratory results and X-rays;
- Prescribe and manage medications and other therapies;
- Provide health teaching and supportive counseling with an emphasis on prevention of illness and health maintenance; and
- Refer patients to other health professionals as needed.
Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner students at Bellarmine University will complete selected clinical practica as part of this curriculum. Upon successful completion of the FNP track requirements graduates are eligible to apply for certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Health Policy
- Transition to Advanced Practice
- Clinical Prevention and Population Health
- Healthcare Professions Education Practicum
- Healthcare Administration
- Teaching and Learning in Health Professions Education
- Advanced Physical Assessment and Clinical Reasoning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Applications completed after February 15 will be considered on a space available basis.
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 743 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- BSN from a CCNE or ACEN accredited nursing program
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is required
- If any transcript(s) or undergraduate degree(s) is from an international institution, you must provide an official copy of a third-party course by course credential evaluation to Nursing CAS.
- Two professional references.
- Goal statement: The goal statement is your opportunity to tell us (as specifically as you can at this time) about your career plans after you finish your master’s degree.
- Resume describing relevant work, professional, and volunteer experiences
- Active, unrestricted license to practice nursing in Kentucky and/or compact states. We will verify your license via the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
- An interview with graduate faculty members. Please note: Because enrollment is limited in the FNP track, meeting the minimum requirements may not assure admission to that track.
International17092 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 795 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17092 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 795 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.