Through theoretical (curriculum-based) training and practical (hands-on) experiences, students of n Museum Studies and Historical Preservation programme of Morgan State University are prepared for a wide range of positions in varying types of museums and gain an understanding of historic resources and the processes necessary for their preservation.
- Produce professionally trained museum staff in the areas of museum management, museum education, collection management, exhibition design, conservation, curatorship, and the methods of archiving and historical preservation.
- To increase the number of museum professionals with formal training at the graduate level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Museum Studies
- Theories of Museum Studies
- Principles of Preventive Conservation
- Marketing Management
- African-American Art
- Modern Curriculum Strategies in Content Areas
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMuseum Studies View 71 other Masters in Museum Studies in United States
- Admission to the program is open to individuals holding a bachelor’s degree in any art, history, education or management related discipline or to those who have earned a bachelor’s in an unrelated field but are currently pursuing museum or historical preservation careers. In addition to meeting admission requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, applicants must also have earned a minimum undergraduate academic grade point average of 3.0 in their major area of study. For conditional admission, applicants must have earned a minimum undergraduate average of 2.5 in their major area of study.
International31779 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 963 USD per credit
National31779 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 963 USD per credit
In-State17292 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 524 USD per credit
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.