Through this program, students gain psychoanalytic insights into clinical and interpersonal situations and will be prepared for post-graduate psychoanalytic training at BGSP. The program neither offers a complete course of clinical training nor leads to licensed practice, but provides an introduction to psychoanalytic approaches to regressed patients and a solid basis for further clinical study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
In this program, students:
- Gain a psychoanalytic perspective on human development and clinical work
- Learn about the development of the human psyche from infancy onward
- Study unconscious processes such as repetition, defenses, transference, resistance, and symbolism
- Develop a psychoanalytic framework for understanding psychopathology across a wide range of diagnoses
- Learn to understand diagnosis from psychoanalytic and psychiatric (DSM) perspectives
- Develop basic skills for establishing a therapeutic relationship with regressed or narcissistic clients
- Learn to understand a client’s contacts
- Understand different responses to stimulation
- Grasp symbolic communications
- Observe emotional responses induced in themselves and use self-knowledge in order to understand others
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1091 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Application fee of $100
- One-page personal statement of interest
- Three (3) current letters of reference and three (3) letter of reference waiver forms (At least one reference should be academic, and the others should be from professional or academic sources)
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Academic writing sample
International770 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 770 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National770 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 770 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State770 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 770 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.