In this program, students:
- Engage in a comprehensive program of coursework in mental health counseling
- Learn about human development over the lifespan
- Study a broad range of counseling theories and clinical methods
- Explore social, cultural, and biological issues related to counseling
- Develop skills in assessment and intervention in clinical settings
- Learn to evaluate, diagnose, and treat a wide variety of clients
- Understand ethical concerns in treatment
- Gain a psychoanalytic perspective on human development and clinical work
- Study unconscious processes such as repetition, defenses, transference, resistance, and symbolism
- Develop a psychoanalytic framework for understanding psychopathology across a wide range of diagnoses
- Observe and understand their own emotional life as a precursor to understanding others
This program is ideal for the student interested in practicing as a licensed mental health professional within a psychoanalytic framework at the master’s level.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Clinical Work with Children
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the Community
- Child and Adolescent Intervention
- Addictions Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1075 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Application form
- Application fee of $100
- One-page personal statement of interest
- Three (3) current letters of reference and three (3) letter of reference waiver forms (At least one reference should be academic, and the others should be from professional or academic sources)
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Academic writing sample
International770 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 770 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National770 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 770 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State770 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 770 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.