Salem State University offers an MSN with no concentration and an MSN with a concentration in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner. In addition, the University offers an opportunity for registered nurses to pursue a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Nursing Education.
The Nursing MSN program at Salem State University is designed for working professionals with classes that are offered in the evening and in a hybrid and online format.
Students who successfully complete the adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner program track are eligible to take the national certification board exams to be licensed to practice as an Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP). And students who complete the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Nursing Education are eligible to sit for the nurse educator exam and become Certified Nurse Educators (CNE).
Salem State University's mission is to provide a high quality, student-centered education that prepares a diverse community of learners to contribute responsibly and creatively to a global society, and serve as a resource to advance the region's cultural, social and economic development.
- First Year Seminar (NUR)
- Nursing in the 21st Century I
- Professional Nursing
- Foundation for Nursing Practice
- Health Assessment
- Fundamentals of Professional Nursing Practice
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis for fall enrollment and reviewed once complete.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 764 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcript or transcript evaluation from all colleges or universities from which a degree was conferred.
- Three professional references that address your professional and/or academic experience. Please note references from co-workers or friends are not accepted.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores taken within the last five years if required.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable
- Active Massachusetts RN license. You will enter your RN license number into the online application.
- Interview with program faculty may be required.
- One year of relevant clinical professional nursing experience is required prior to entering into any of the clinical courses in the three program tracks.
International20754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10377 USD per semester during 30 months.
National20754 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10377 USD per semester during 30 months.
In-State17514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8757 USD per semester during 30 months.
Living costs for Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.