The Department of Music Education at Western Connecticut State University is a friendly, vibrant, student-oriented unit committed to fulfilling the university and department mission to
- prepare students for careers in music education
- prepare students to be lifelong advocates for music and the arts
- encourage development of the creative, intuitive, and intellectual capabilities of students, faculty, and audience
- provide for the cultural enrichment of the individual, the unit, the university, the community, the region, and the state
Western Connecticut State University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Contemporary Educational Issues
- Chamber Music
- Early Music
- Music in the Baroque Era
- Music in the Classic and Romantic Eras
- Music in the Twentieth Century
- Instrumental Techniques and Materials
- Contemporary Strategies in Elementary Music Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3386 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
All applicants who wish to be admitted to the Master of Science in Music Education program must submit the required materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions and, in addition, provide evidence of the following:
- an earned baccalaureate degree in music education (or equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher education
- a valid certificate to teach music in elementary and/or secondary education
- a successful interview with the graduate program coordinator.
International20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10378 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State8058 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4029 USD per semester during 12 months.
NE Regional: $6,044 per semester
Living costs for Danbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.