About the Program
By graduation, students of the Writing for Film and Television program of Emerson College will have a complete portfolio of professional-caliber work. Each semester begins with a six-day residency, alternating between our Boston and LA locations, where students engage in:
- Master classes;
- Intensive workshops;
- Peer group workshops; and
- Guest lectures, staged readings, and pitch sessions.
At the end of each residency, you will return home ready to begin writing, participating in online workshops, and attending virtual meetings with your advisor and peers. You will enroll in one online topics course per semester to supplement and contextualize the skills learned in your writing workshops.
- writing workshops
- online topics courses
- master classes
- workshops and lectures in history
- theory and the art and craft of screenwriting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
Emerson College cannot accept applications from international students for the low-residency program at this time.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Creative Writing View 383 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts: For application review, unofficial transcripts will suffice and can be uploaded directly to your application prior to submission.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- There is one required essay for this program, which can be submitted online with your application.
- Writing sample.
- Professional resume.
National38880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1296 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.