The Early Childhood Education program from American International College, leads to a Massachusetts Initial License. The program is in response to the nations call to make an investment in our children at the earliest stages in their lives and reduce the probability they will engage in delinquent behaviors, high failure rates, poor health and inability to become successful contributing citizens.
The program also focuses on candidates who give children and families the tools to become resilient and practice self-regulatory behaviors.
- Articulate and apply theoretical constructs and best practices to understand the characteristics of young children with and without disabilities.
- Identify and explain the rationale and essential need for family and school partnerships to improve education, health, safety for all children.
- Identify, analyze, select and apply appropriate assessment methods to determine growth and development of children within the school or home environment.
- Demonstrate, implement and assess diverse instructional (including technology) and content pedagogy that addresses children with multiple needs, language barriers, developmental delays or other learning challenges.
- Demonstrate impact of reflective practices in PreK-2 classrooms.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Reflective Practitioner
- Theory and Practice in Early Childhood and Elementary Education
- Teaching Reading and Language Arts: EC, Elementary, Moderate Disabilities (PreK-8)
- Multisensory Teaching of Language Skills
- Teaching of Mathematics: Early Childhood, Elementary, Moderate Disabilities
- Behavior Management
- Assessment and Curriculum for Early Childhood
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 1660 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended are required (regardless of whether or not a degree was earned), including proof of a baccalaureate degree. Transcripts from institutions outside the United States must receive a course by course credit evaluation through a recognized service. AIC accepts evaluations from all active members associated with NACES. For more information please visit: naces.org
- Two letters of recommendation. It is preferred that one letter be from an immediate supervisor
- Passage of the Communication and Literacy Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) for admission into a licensure track
- Copy of License (if applicable)
International14487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 439 USD per credit during 12 months.
National14487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 439 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.