American International College’s Clinical Mental Health Counseling program has been developed in accordance with the highest national standards of excellent in its respective field. It is designed to develop educational depth, as well as the skills and creative independence that prepare graduates to practice and contribute to their profession.
Candidates to our Clinical Mental Health Counseling program from American International College have the option of two concentrations:
- Mental Health Concentration (60 credits): This concentration is designed to meet the educational requirements for a licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and similar professional designations in other states. The 60-credit mental health concentration includes coursework in research, assessment, counseling, psychopathology, human development, and ethics. A pre-internship clinical practicum is required and is followed by a 600- hour clinical internship. Students are responsible for ensuring that they meet all state licensing requirements.
- Forensic Psychology Concentration (66 credits): This concentration is also designed to meet the educational requirements for an LMHC. The program requires the completion of 66 credits and incorporates courses from the mental health concentration, along with the pre-internship clinical practicum and a 600-hour clinical internship. Additionally, it includes six credits of forensic psychology coursework. Students are responsible for ensuring that they meet all state licensing requirements.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Human Growth and Development
- Systems and Theories in Counseling and Psychology
- Issues and Ethics in Professional Orientation
- Applied Research Methodology and Evaluation
- Psychopathology: Assessment, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Learning Theories and Behavioral Interventions
- Counseling Theories, Techniques, Practice and Consultation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 411 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- The program requires an undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or better. In the event an individual wishes to apply to the program but does not have a 2.75 GPA, the individual may be required to be interviewed by the program director. Depending on the outcome of the interview and review of all other application materials, the individual may be granted a full or conditional acceptance into the program.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended are required (regardless of whether or not a degree was earned), including proof of a baccalaureate degree.
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement highlighting why you wish to pursue your degree and how you will benefit personally and professionally from this program
International30300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1010 USD per credit during 24 months.
National30300 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1010 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.