By offering a broad range of courses, we allow students to expand their knowledge about literature, theory, and criticism; by working with students individually on directed studies, exams, or theses, we give students the opportunity to explore a subject in depth and to develop expertise in a particular area. The Creative Writing program allows students to expand their knowledge of and proficiency in the crafts of poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction. All of the graduate programs in English prepare students to function as literary professionals, whether as teachers, writers, or scholars.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Graduate Study
- Topics in Composition Theory and Rhetoric
- Topics in Cultural Studies
- Topics in Feminist Theory and Literature
- Topics in Ethnic American and/or African American Literatures
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 727 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale in 24 credit hours of upper-level courses in English language and literature.
- An official report of scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Three letters of recommendation, with at least two from English professors.
- A 1-2 page Statement of Intent outlining your goals for the program and your relevant background.
- A plan of study approved by the advisor and appropriate dean.
International21692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21692 USD per year and a duration of .
National21692 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21692 USD per year and a duration of .
In-State8929 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8929 USD per year and a duration of .
All full-time graduate students (those taking 9 credit hours or more per semester) pay per credit hour.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.