Students in Experimental Psychology program gain substantial experience working closely with faculty members on research in such areas as cognitive neuroscience, psychopharmacology, social psychology, learning, and lifespan developmental psychology. Additionally, the program provides students with an opportunity to strengthen applications to doctoral programs in any sub-field of psychology, supervise research in applied settings, and serve as instructors at the community college level.
Experimental psychology students at Radford University are expected to develop a breadth of knowledge in psychology, as well as to acquire research experience within at least two content areas. Students take required core courses, as well as additional coursework designed to meet individual needs. Students are expected to attend, and occasionally present, at weekly or bi-weekly brown-bag meetings with all experimental faculty and graduate students. Each student is also expected to be involved in research or some other scholarly endeavor under the supervision of a faculty member after completion of the first semester and until the degree is awarded. Each student must undertake a thesis project based on empirical research and successfully defend the thesis project in an oral defense.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analysis of Behavioral Data
- Methodology and Program Evaluation in Psychology
- Psychometric Theory, Assessment, Appraisal, and Application
- Psychology and Science
- Social Psychology
- Research and Thesis
- Professional Internship
- Advanced Cognitive
- Behavioral Approaches to Assessment and Intervention
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology View 939 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Syllabus of university study - For transfer students, a description of each course or subject studied must be submitted accompanied by a certified English translation. An evaluation of your transfer credit cannot be made without the course descriptions.
- For students enrolled at a U.S. college, the Transfer Eligibility Form must be completed.
- If you have been out of school for any period of time, other than school breaks, please send a letter that explains if you have been working, attending school, etc., along with the application for admission.
- Confidential statement of Financial Support (see required immigration documents).
- TOEFL/IELTS - (see English Proficiency).
International17441 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17441 USD per year during 12 months.
National17441 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17441 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8915 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8915 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Radford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.