The English program at Radford University emphasizes independent research using both print and electronic sources and the writing of scholarly papers based on a critical understanding of literature’s aesthetic and humanistic values and of its social, historical and cultural significance. The program also offers students the opportunity to take courses and to pursue interests in contemporary critical theory, creative writing, technical writing, linguistics, and the teaching of English.
Radford University helps you expand job opportunities by preparing for a career teaching at the community college level, future pursuit of a doctoral degree or a new career in a variety of professions.
Gives students flexibility by choosing between a literature or education concentration, with options for teaching licensure. Not ready to jump in to a masters degree program yet? Online certificates are also available.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Literary Criticism
- Critical Approaches to Teaching Literature
- Teaching College Composition
- Topics in Contemporary Theory
- Studies in Medieval Literature
- Studies in Early Modern English Literature
- Studies in Restoration and 18th Century British Literature
- Special Topics in English
- Studies in 19th Century British Literature
- Studies in 20th Century Literature
- Studies in Women's Literature
- Teaching Writing: Theories and Practices
- Advanced Technical Writing
- Technical Editing
- The Study of Adolescent Literature
- Grammar and Language for Teachers
- Diversity in English Language Arts
- Technical and Business Writing
- Business Writing & Editing
- Professional & Technical Writing
- Writing in Digital Space
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 626 other Masters in Linguistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Syllabus of university study - For transfer students, a description of each course or subject studied must be submitted accompanied by a certified English translation. An evaluation of your transfer credit cannot be made without the course descriptions.
- For students enrolled at a U.S. college, the Transfer Eligibility Form must be completed.
- If you have been out of school for any period of time, other than school breaks, please send a letter that explains if you have been working, attending school, etc., along with the application for admission.
- Confidential statement of Financial Support (see required immigration documents).
- TOEFL/IELTS - (see English Proficiency).
International17441 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17441 USD per year during 12 months.
National17441 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17441 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8915 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8915 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Radford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.