The Social Work program offered by Florida Gulf Coast University addresses a wide range of theoretical constructs, issues and populations through generalist social work theory and practice.
The concentration (second) year focuses on Clinical Social Work providing the education necessary to be eligible as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Two field education experiences are essential program components; student put into practice the theories and concepts learned in the classroom.
Students learn specialized clinical intervention skills to work with diverse individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities for an expanded clinical role that integrates policy analysis knowledge, and advocacy, and social action skills for effective community practice.
There is also available Medical Social Work Concentration.
Graduates work in settings such as child and family service agencies, schools, geriatric facilities, hospitals, government agencies, court systems, police departments and mental health agencies, private and public, and in both non-profit and for profit settings. They serve as leaders, supervisors and administrators and are qualified to provide clinical social work to people seeking help.
Graduates with Master of Social Work from Florida Gulf Coast University will be able to:
- Apply social work ethical principles.
- Engage diversity and difference in practice.
- Advance human rights and social and economic justice.
- Engage in research-informed practice and practice-informed research.
- Knowledge of human behavior and the social environment.
- Engage in policy practice to advance social and economic well-being and to deliver effective social work services.
- Engage, assess, intervene, and evaluate individuals, families, organizations, and communities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Psychopathology in Clinical Practice
- Macro Social Work Theory and Practice
- Social Welfare & History
- Social Policy Analysis
- Social Work Practice
- Advanced Clinical Group Practice
- Advanced Practice Seminar
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 447 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- FGCU graduate application
- Official academic transcripts from every college or university attended
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- MSW Supplemental Application: Three professional references including one from former instructor (if possible), One year’s paid experience in a social service agency preferred, Personal Statement
- Interview may be required
International39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per credit during 24 months.
National39000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1300 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State11190 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 373 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Fort Myers Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.