The Criminal Justice program offered by Florida Gulf Coast University provide graduates with an in-depth understanding of management of criminal justice agencies as it relates to the agency, the law, the courts, and the public.
Our program advances the theoretical perspectives and practical applications of the B.S. degree in the development of advanced administrative skills that increase the effectiveness and professionalism of criminal justice personnel.
As noted by numerous agency heads, a graduate degree is particularly beneficial to those seeking advancement in their current agencies as well as those seeking employment in federal law enforcement agencies and federal courts.
Specific positions for which this program will prepare students include:
- Police chief
- Sheriff or Commanding Officer of law enforcement agency
- Superintendent or Commanding Officer of corrections agency
- FBI, ATF, and other federal law enforcement agent
- Researcher in criminal justice
Graduates with M.S. in Criminal Justice from Florida Gulf Coast University will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the evolution of and the policy issues affecting the field of Criminal Justice.; and identify evidence-based “best practice” policy to address these issues;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the interaction of criminal justice with the broader social, economic, and political environment;
- Demonstrate effective technological, managerial, analytical, and communication skills;
- Integrate ethical and professional behavior, diverse perspectives and interdisciplinary approaches in designing and implementing solutions to complex public and social problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management & Administration of Justice
- Criminal Justice Policy
- Social Constructs of Crime
- Media and Community Relations CJ
- Legal Aspects of CJ Management
- Public Budgeting
- Public Personnel Admin
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 54 other Masters in Criminology in United States
- FGCU graduate application
- Official academic transcripts from every college or university attended
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal aspiration statement (300-500 words)
International1300 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1300 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1300 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1300 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State373 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 373 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.