The master’s degree integrates the Pupil Personnel Services Credential in School Counseling and preparation to meet California state licensure requirements for Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC). This versatile combination of credential and certificate allows candidates to pursue careers in the K–12 school setting, while also preparing counselors for the clinical, mental health field.
Graduates of Clinical Counseling of Azusa Pacific University are positioned to empower students and families as they navigate the mental health issues that impact personal and academic growth.
- Combines the master’s degree with credential program requirements, equipping students to advance their career.
- Renders the graduate highly marketable and qualified to serve as a professional counselor in an educational or clinical setting.
- Offers an efficient path toward the dual goal of meeting state requirements while earning a prestigious advanced degree from a leading Christian university.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counseling Theories and Techniques
- Crisis/Trauma Response and Interventions
- Human Growth, Development, and Learning
- Historical Development of School Counseling and School Psychology
- Clinical Practica
- Community, Family, and School Collaboration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 982 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts
- Two recommendations submitted by employers, supervisors, or professors who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential within the profession
- A five-page essay or autobiography describing personal and professional history
- Résumé (preferred) or statement of experience including the most relevant work and volunteer experience
- Proof of Certificate of Clearance (COC).
- Demonstrate proficiency in English
- Provide an affidavit of financial support (PDF) and a bank statement
- Submit a copy of a valid passport
International23160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 772 USD per credit during 24 months.
National23160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 772 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pacific
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.