With a solid background in this area, candidates are better able to communicate with pupils of all cultures, socioeconomic levels, and learning abilities.
Educational Counseling degree of Azusa Pacific University coupled with the Pupil Personnel Services Credential in School Counseling significantly increases one’s marketability. This program immerses the candidate into the world of school counseling, emphasizing practical techniques to help pupils stay in school. Candidates explore problem-solving skills, discipline procedures, crisis and routine intervention, and work side-by-side with practicing school counselors.
APU's Master of Arts in Education: Educational Counseling with embedded School Counseling Credential program:
- Combines the master's degree with the credential program requirements, equipping students to advance their career.
- Renders the graduate highly marketable and competitively qualified to serve as a professional school counselor in a public school setting.
- Offers an efficient path toward the dual goal of meeting state requirements and earning a prestigious advanced degree from a reputable university.
- Counseling Theories and Techniques
- Crisis/Trauma Response and Interventions
- Human Growth, Development, and Learning
- Historical Development of School Counseling and School Psychology
- Positive Behavior Supports and Classroom Intervention
- Group Counseling Skills
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Counselling View 4330 other Masters in Education in United States
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts
- Two recommendations submitted by employers, supervisors, or professors who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential within the profession
- A five-page essay or autobiography describing personal and professional history
- Résumé (preferred) or statement of experience including the most relevant work and volunteer experience
- Proof of Certificate of Clearance (COC).
- Proof the Basic Skills Requirement has been satisfied
- Demonstrate proficiency in English
- Provide an affidavit of financial support (PDF) and a bank statement
- Submit a copy of a valid passport
International18528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 772 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 772 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pacific
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.