The Master of Education in Reading will enhance the graduate student's knowledge of the reading process with current theory and research as well as classroom application. The graduate student will develop the ability to work directly or indirectly with students who have either failed to benefit from regular classroom instruction in reading or those who could benefit from advanced training in reading skills.
The program also emphasizes the ability to work with teachers, administrators, and other professionals to improve and coordinate the total reading program of the school. This program is ideal for classroom teachers, media specialists, special teachers of reading, reading consultants, and reading supervisors.
Reading Program Design
- The Master of Education in Reading at Xavier University is designed for teachers and other reading professionals who want to enhance their knowledge of the reading process with current theory and research.
- Reading teachers learn how to help students of all ages become effective, strategic readers who read and write enthusiastically and purposefully.
- Some of the courses that can be chosen as electives include Advanced Children's Literature, Storytelling as a Cultural Craft, Phonics and Orton Gillingham, and Teaching Reading to Children with Special Needs.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History and Philosophy of American Education
- Organization of Educational Systems in the U.S.
- Educational Research
- Educational Research Paper
- Phonics and Foundations of Literacy
- Content Area Literacy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Research View 3093 other Masters in Education in United States
- The online graduate application
- One official transcript sent directly from the college/university of all previous undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Electronic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official test scores from the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) are required starting in Summer 2020. If you have previously taken the GRE and want to have your scores sent to Xavier, please contact GRE at 1-888-GRE-SCORE.
International17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 570 USD per credit during 12 months.
National17100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 570 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cincinnati
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.