In this Software Development MicroMasters Program offered by University of British Columbia - UBCx, you will learn this same kind of expert thinking.
By working through several software development projects, you will learn specific technologies, including Java, JUnit, IntelliJ IDEA, Typescript and Node.js. But even more important, you will develop the ability to see the common structures in programs and in tools and learn how to apply these skills to master new technologies quickly.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to write programs using a systematic approach and to design programs that are easy to maintain.
You will also learn how to use agile methods in order to build software programs that solve real world problems.
With the skills obtained in this program, you will have the confidence to apply for positions that use any programming language or technology.
- Career prospects for people with similar training include software developer, software tester or any quality assurance roles.
- The median salary for Software Development jobs in the US is $100,690 per year. (source: Bureau of Labour Statistics)
- It is projected that 186,600 new software development jobs will need to be filled in the US alone in the next ten years. (source: Bureau of Labour Statistics)
What You'll Learn:
- How to develop programs that are well tested and easy to modify
- To structure the development of large software systems using abstraction and decomposition
- To quickly write and revise code using programming tools
- How to do full-stack software development using an agile approach in a pair or team
- Popular languages Java and Typescript, and the ability to quickly learn new ones
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- How to Code: Simple Data
- How to Code: Complex Data
- Software Construction: Data Abstraction
- Software Construction: Object-Oriented Design
- Software Engineering: Introduction
- Software Development Capstone Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 9 months
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 8 other programmes in Machine Learning in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at edX - online learning platform and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International832 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 832 USD for the full programme during 9 months.
National832 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 832 USD for the full programme during 9 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.