The focal point of the program is the development of understanding of fundamental theories of micro- and macroeconomic behavior; development of necessary analytical skills for economic problem solving and empirical testing; and exposure to current economic research.
The M.A. in Economics at the University of Mississippi requires 30 hours of graduate credit, including Econ 604 (or 629), 605, 606, and 609. A total of 9 hours in finance (Fin 634 and two 500-level courses) may be applied toward the M.A. degree.
Alternately, 6 hours may be taken in mathematics, history, political science, computer science, MIS/POM, or marketing. A student may opt for a thesis, which constitutes 6 hours. A final comprehensive examination is required of all students during the last enrollment period.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Experimental Economics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Government and Business
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics View 587 other Masters in Economics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts/degree certificates of all institutions of higher education attended (must be official or officially certified, and must include an English translation)
- Copy of English language proficiency test score
- Copy of passport identification page(s)
- Letters of Recommendation (unless uploaded via the online application system)
- Statement of Purpose (unless uploaded via the online application system)
- Affidavit of Financial Support and supporting bank statement], may be submitted later; required only of those who will hold F-1 or J-1 visa status.
- International Student Transfer Eligibility Form]. May be submitted later, and is required of F-1 and J-1 visa holding students who are transferring to the University of Mississippi from academic institutions within the USA only!
International24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 12 months.
National24990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24990 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8718 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.