Azusa Pacific University’s master’s in Child Life program—slated to begin in fall 2017—prepares men and women for this special role, utilizing advanced academic preparation and hands-on experiences within a framework of Christian compassion.
- Flexible scheduling, with start times in spring and fall
- Advanced Standing option for Certified Child Life Specialists (CCLS) with a B.A. or B.S. degree, as well as individuals who have successfully completed the 600 required internship hours.
- Housed in the Department of Psychology, which emphasizes research and therapeutic skills
- Can be completed in only 18 months, saving you time and money
- Welcoming environment grounded in a Christian worldview
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Child Development
- Applied Child Development and Medical Terminology
- Family Systems Theory and Applications
- Theories and Practices of Grief and Loss
- Child Life
- Coping Strategies for Children Experiencing Stress and Trauma
- Therapeutic Interventions and Play-Based Techniques
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 4095 other Masters in Education in United States
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts
- Two-page personal statement/essay describing your interest in the program, expectations of what graduate study entails, and career goals
- Two letters of recommendation from professional and/or academic references
- Current résumé
- A personal interview will be conducted as necessary with qualified applicants
- 3.0 undergraduate grade-point average
- GRE not required
- Volunteer experience
- Demonstrate proficiency in English
- Provide an affidavit of financial support (PDF) and a bank statement
- Submit a copy of a valid passport
International15162 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 722 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15162 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 722 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pacific
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.