Members of the Physics department at The City University of New York are engaged in experimental and theoretical research in such fields as light propagation, localization and emission in photonic periodic, quasiperiodic and disordered materials, including random lasers; , optical microresonators and their applications in sensing, optical logic elements, and new types of lasers, optics and magneto-optics of semiconductor nanostructures such as quantum dots, quantum wires and quantum wells; photonic nanostructures for biosensing and solar cell applications; application of methods of condensed matter physics to biophysical problems, and nanoelectromechanical systems.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The traditional master’s-level program covers a full spectrum of courses in theoretical and experimental physics and is designed to serve students interested in teaching physics at the high school level
- Those who intend to fill gaps in their undergraduate education before applying to a doctoral program in physics as well as students interested in other career opportunities such as technical writing, finance, patent law, etc.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhysics View 390 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Candidate must have a minimum of 16 credits in physics beyond the introductory college course and six credits in mathematics beyond elementary calculus.
- Letters of recommendation must be written by individuals who are qualified to attest to the applicant’s character and capacity to do graduate work in physics.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: 5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.